Search This Blog

Thursday 10 February 2011

Cosmic Geometry in the West Country

A few years ago, there was a bit of a craze (popularized by Graham Hancock and others) for finding constellations mirrored in the arrangement of sacred sites on Earth. My immediate reaction was "I bet I could do that", so I gave it a try. The result of my efforts is summarized on the left -- the constellation of Aquarius traced out across the counties of Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire. Given the association of places like Glastonbury and Stonehenge with the Age of Aquarius, I was very pleased with this!

The sites are marked with the Greek letter of the corresponding star in Aquarius, as follows: Alpha = Wells Cathedral; Beta = Warminster; Gamma = Glastonbury; Delta = Whitchurch Canonicorum; Epsilon = Stonehenge; Theta = Ilchester; Iota = Cerne Giant; Lambda = Ilminster; Tau = Pilsdon Pen. For details of the "Aquarian" significance of these sites, please see my original article in MysteryMag (which also gives some technical details about how the match was achieved).

People with money to spend might also like to look at the short novel (and Da Vinci Code parody!) that I wrote on the subject: The Aquarius Code.

No comments: