Search This Blog

Sunday 24 June 2012

Scalar Wave Secrets

I first heard the term “scalar wave” in 1996 or 97, when I was working as a scientific adviser in a government office in London (in the same building as Nick Pope, as I mentioned in a previous post). Part of my job description was “technology watch” -- which entailed sifting though endless reports of alleged scientific breakthroughs deciding which of them might have genuine military significance and which were crackpot fantasies. I filed scalar waves in the latter category.

According to its enthusiasts, a scalar wave is a longitudinal electrodynamic wave that travels freely through space... something the textbooks unequivocally state to be impossible. Even in the 1990s, however, there was a thriving subculture that associated scalar waves with all manner of advanced technology, mind control and conspiracy theories. Since then, scalar waves have broken into the world of New Age mysticism and alternative therapy, and if you’re so inclined you can purchase scalar wave pendants and scalar wave bracelets that may or may not boost your spiritual well-being.

There’s an article by myself in the latest issue of Edge Science exploring all the various incarnations of scalar waves. When I originally proposed the article to the magazine’s editor, Patrick Huyghe, I was under the impression scalar waves were nothing but pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo, mixed in with post-Cold War paranoia and New Age woo. But with prompting from Patrick and an anonymous reviewer, I looked more deeply into the recent history of the subject and found tantalizing hints that there might be genuine undiscovered science in there that the textbooks are turning a blind eye to.

You can download and read the full issue (and make a donation if you want to) by clicking here. The magazine also includes an interesting article by Guy Lyon Playfair on the phenomenon of Twin Telepathy.

2 comments:

Kandinsky said...

Secret scalar technology made me late for work last week. It's also probably responsible for the sodden blanket of clouds that have smothered another English summer.

I enjoyed the article and the issue in general. The cover article initially dissuaded me from downloading it, but I'm glad you gave me a reason to give it a try.

I had a quick look into the scalar pendants and ran right into 'Polycontrast Interference photography.' This 'microchip technology' apparently demonstrates the 'etheric template' and can help cure 'leaky chakras.' $5950 sounds a little pricey for what actually looks like a filter for digital imaging - photoshop is cheaper. It's for the poor guys who opt for number 5 in your article. The disclaimer puts them on the right side of the litigation process.

Andrew May said...

Thanks... Like the saying goes, a consumer (I think that's the word) and their money are easily parted!